Sunday, March 4, 2007

03.03.07 - Reese Winter Road Race Series

Yesterday was the last race in the series for the Reese Winter Road Races. Although I didn't get a trophy (I only competed in 3 of the 4 races) I did set a Personal Record! I had my best time for a 5K, finishing in 32:38.22, which is a 10:30 minute mile. Maybe rolling hills ARE working! Whether rolling hills are working or not, I'm going to continue to do them.

On the other hand, J did run in all 4 races and he received a trophy for 1st in his age group! Pretty impressive, since our age groups were split up by decades.

The race was pretty hard though. I was certainly glad to have my MP3 player with me to distract me from the 25 mph wind gusts. At least the temps were in the mid-20's for this one. Last race it was 6 degrees. I got a really nice side cramp around the half way point, but with the wind out of my face I got it to go away finally. Also, I pasted a gal at the end so I didn't come in last in my age group. (Insert evil grin!)

Tonight we register online for the St. Pat's race - and use our new Champion Chip numbers! Too cool! Hopefully I'll have a new PR to report after that race. It's definitely a possibility, since I know the course.

No comments: