Friday, January 26, 2007

The Death of January

Last night has we were lying on the couch, J says "So, are we done running now?" He was referring to the fact that if we do not run by tomorrow, we will have not run in a whole week. So much for spending $_____.00 on a treadmill. I explained to him our busy work week (and school work for him also) and how all of the motivation I've had this week is to plant my butt on the couch after work and then go to bed. So with less than one week left in January, we are pretty much calling it a wash and starting fresh in February.

This weekend we will be cleaning the carpet upstairs and then moving our bedroom up there, so we will officially have a spare bedroom and a workout/office room. We can unpack the weight bench we bought, and J is getting me a Pilates ball w/DVD (he won a contest at work and got to pick a prize from a booklet full of "stuff").

So with an actual room to work out in, instead of the spare bedroom with the mattress up against the wall and the weight bench still in the box we feel we will be adequately motivated.

Next we need to work on the food issue. Sure we need items like sugar-free fudge sickles (35 calories!) to keep us going, and sometimes a handful of pretzels satisfies that need for a food that's crunchy, but we should not have succumbed to buy-one-get-one-free Doritos! BAD T & J, BAD!

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to keep a food journal. I meant EVERY DAY, but I hate keeping a food journal, so I think I have maybe one or two days written in there. I'm going to make an effort to start on Monday and keep it rolling. I'm also going to make some foods this weekend that I can use for lunches instead of buying frozen dinners that I get sick of anyway. So "starvation", welcome back! I'm sure my body has never known starvation, but when you reduce the amount of calories you eat in a day - your body sure acts like it's starving.

I could even even be lazy about it and look through last years food journal and copy days that match the calories I want to be at, and I still haven't been doing it! Somethings gotta change. If I want to meet some of my other goals, like improving my 5K times, loosing weight will help me with that I'm sure. So far, I think every resolution I've made is in the toilet. Someone slap me, quick!

P.S. I hate winter!

No comments: