Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Top Ten

How pathetic am I? It's Day Two of the diet (and only 1/2 way into it) and I'm already making a list of things in my head that I hate about dieting. So I thought I would counter-balance it with an equal number of things I love about dieting. :-) Here they are, in no particular order.

Hate:

1) Planning my meals in my food journal. Figuring out what I can and can't eat for a certain day. (Nope, can't have ____ today, too much fat/carbs/protein, etc.)

2) Being hungry "all the time" until my stomach figures out what I'm trying to do. It obviously didn't get the memo the rest of my body did.

3) Wanting to cheat here and there - which just leads to chucking the whole thing out the window.

4) Not being motivated to excercise like I should and coming up with excuses. (Too cold/dark outside to run, I'm sick, don't feel like going to Delta, wish we had a treadmill, etc.)

5) Going grocery shopping and seeing all of the food I am trying to avoid. Thank goodness that most of the "junk" food is clumped together and I can just avoid those isles all together!

Love:

1) Having the support of my husband on my weight loss adventure!

2) My clothes getting baggy and being able to go to the store and buy the next size (or two) smaller!

3) My skin getting soft and squishy (around my middle) but more toned (around my arms and neck).

4) The sparkle in J's eyes when he puts his hands around my waist and feels my ribs.

5) Being healthy/less likely to get sick and also my skin is clearer. Also not being tired all of the time, just having more general energy/ambition.

No comments: